9.30.2007

Oh My Goodness

I have found an issue with which I and the pro-war pro-Bush groups actually agree on.

First, the "Breasts not Bombs" protesters...I understand the idea behind it, I understand there is a "wow look at this!" aspect to it, and the whole notion of decency versus indecency with regards to our puritanical views about nudity versus the war mongering acceptance of violence. Its a cute idea. Unfortunately, the women bringing this idea to the public are not cute.

Honestly...please ladies, put them away. I have respect for their unabashed views of their own bodies, that is something I do not yet posses....but sometimes its best not to get too proud of one's body when it hasn't been taken care of at all properly. I fully support the full support of an over the shoulder boulder holder. Thankyouverymuch.

Then there was the flag un-burning.

Intent? Check! Passion? Check! Common sense? Not so much....not only did they manage to not burn the darn thing, but when the kid held the flag up, apparently hoping it would burst into flames he was holding it with bare hands.

Good God people, if you're going to do something as symbolic and emotive as a flag burning, learn how to do it properly! Or leave the flag burning to the real Anarchists, but thanksferplayin' anyway.

Even someone like myself has to sit back and shake my head once in a while, wondering "What on Earth?"

Come on people, lets not make this a three ring circus, Kay?

I support the protests against this administration. I want change as much as the next person. I want to see these people take their good ideas, and use them. But for goodness sake, Think before you act. Or undress.

1 comment:

Anon-Paranoid said...

Got you up and in my links anok...

Funny video and you are 200% right that they would have done better if they were cuter.

Take care and ...

God Bless.