11.01.2007

Contemplation

I would like to apologize, first, for my extended absence. There has been a lot going on at the moment, but most regrettably there has been a devastation in my family. (Thanks you for the concern Anon. It is greatly appreciated)

I would like to take a moment to reflect on life, and what it means. Many, if not most of us live our lives daily worrying about daily things. Errands, tasks, deadlines. Laundry, holidays, money. More often than not these day to day worries take over our lives and sometimes, I think, we focus on them far too much, and we miss out on the more important things in life. The important things are often shrugged off as trivial or even inconvenient. We assume that the little things, the tiny moments will always be there for us tomorrow. We procrastinate when it comes to the greatest gifts we have in life - each other. We say things like "I'll call so and so later", "I'll take my kid to the park next week" or "I'll see Mom and Dad when I'm done doing what I want to do".

We focus on work, and let play time with the kids slide. We focus on our "life" and let connections to family, parents or close friends disintegrate. We just feel that there is more than enough time to do those less important things - after all, with deadlines and hectic schedules, what more is expected of us, right?

Life is not so patient. A family member of ours went to bed complaining of a headache.

And never woke up.

It is the third unexpected death in the past year for us. And it is devastating.

Life is not to be missed, moments are not to be brushed off. Take care to revel in the little things, and let the damn bills slide for a while.
I'm confident that in 40 days time there will be a brand new light born into this world, with all of the grace and love that was learned during this lifetime. And it will be a beautiful sight. But for now, it is time to help heal the sorrows left behind.

Tears in Heaven

1 comment:

PoliShifter said...

My condolences...may you find peace